Blink is an employee app for frontline workers. Our award-winning product has industry-leading levels of engagement, with a DAU of 99% – and we've got so much more to achieve. Scalability, automation and precision are at the heart of what we do. We're never shackled down by convention; always open-minded, always moving forward.
💻 What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Head of Engineering and acting as the assistant/deputy lead of the department, this newly created Engineering Director level role will be responsible for leading and growing high performing teams of engineers across our product delivery squads.
This leadership position will act as a coach at a departmental, squad and individual engineer level, guiding and unblocking to ensure the department exceeds our ambitious goals. Your leadership will directly impact the success of the engineering team and help us get new product features to thousands of frontline workers faster.
- Manage a team of engineers, helping them grow their careers through 1-1s, continuous developmental feedback and performance review
- Be a point of escalation for engineering excellence across the entire function.
Set the bar high for engineering excellence and fostering our engineering culture
- Have an eye for identifying top talent and growing a world class team
- Work with multiple cross-functional squads, creating clarity, focus, and helping the squads move forward
- Take accountability for squads hitting their objectives and goals
- Identify delivery bottlenecks and lead initiatives to unblock them
- Play a pivotal part in hiring and onboarding a team of high performing engineers and testers
- Alongside the Head of Engineering, play an active part in creating and rolling out a career progression framework
🚀 About you
We're looking for someone who is passionate about helping individuals and teams grow inside a fast-growing company. We’re also looking for:
- At least 5+ years experience managing software engineers, proven track record of growing individuals and enabling teams to hit their goals
- Experience in scaling an engineering team in 2x growth in size and/or ARR
- Strong technical experience in at least one relevant area; Web, Backend on Infrastructure
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any time with strong bias for action and stakeholder management.
- Ability to attract and hire top engineering talent
- You use metrics to help us identify areas for improvement, prioritise thoughtfully and implement solutions that move us in the right direction
- You have a coaching mentality and know how to unlock people’s potential
- Passionate to help engineers develop and grow their career
- Experience working in a high performing agile software delivery team
- Able to communicate clearly and at the right level
- Prior experience working in a fast-moving B2B/SaaS start-up is a plus
💙 About us
We're a friendly bunch. Motivated, positive and social; we're all different, but these traits tie us together. We work closely as a team and genuinely value each other's opinions. Most of all, we try and learn as much as we can from one another, through knowledge sharing and healthy debate.
At Blink, we're committed to creating an inclusive and diverse culture where our people feel they truly belong. We value and respect individual differences, so all applications will receive fair and equal consideration without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or age.
You will have the opportunity to be part of something impactful, large-scale, and meaningful. Most importantly, you’ll work for a company with a strong purpose, with an ambitious team embarking on a journey most start-ups can only dream of! Benefits include:
- Competitive salary – and equity in the company
- A quirky, spacious, natural light-filled office in London
- 25 days a year off (plus public holidays!)
- Everything you need to feel good: massages, weekly HIIT and yoga classes
- Learning&development focus, plus mentorship options. We’ll do everything we can to get you to the top of your game
- The kit you need to do a great job
- Private healthcare, Ride2Work, pension scheme
3 stage interview process:
- 1st: Head of Engineering (60 mins)
- 2nd: Head of Product Solutions & VP of People (60 mins)
- 3rd: CEO (30 mins)