Aww yeah, this job has expired on Pro Jobs. Reasons could be: the employer is not accepting applications, is not actively hiring, or is reviewing applications.
About the positions
• Multiple positions available
• Location: Remote (or Oxford, if convenient)
• Experience: 5+ years in a professional environment
• Salary: £35k - £65k depending on experience and seniority
About the role
• Collaborate to help better understand the problems the software should solve, and contribute creative and cost-effective solutions to such problems.
• Contribute to technical design in an Agile way.
• Ship high-quality code (with eventual pair-programming sessions) using Test-Driven Development.
• Perform peer code reviews.
• Work side by side with the UX/UI design team, supporting them and implementing and challenging their ideas.
• QA product features.
• Contribute to keeping the Product Backlog in good shape.
• Participate in problem-solving sessions with the Product Team.
• Occasionally act as first-line support for internal users, and second-line support for external ones (limited to working hours).
Essential skills and experience
• You are open to giving and receiving feedback, as it is a core part of how we collaborate.
• You are self-sufficient, ready to take ownership and don't need constant supervision.
• You value communication, have professional, precise communication skills (English), and understand that in a remote job setting, communication plays a crucial role in organising day to day work.
• You have professional experience building web applications with Python/Django and Angular (desirable)
• You have interest in working across the full stack
Desired skills and experience
• Professional experience with Angular, Docker, AWS and Terraform
• Full-time telecommuting.
• Resources for self-development, budget for books, courses and conferences.
• Opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
Some recent examples of what we do
• Added l10n and i18n for both our client and server side application
• Integrate machine translation for user generated content
• Switch our main workloads from IaaS to CaaS
• Implement a simple Backend For Frontend API to drastically reduce the application load time
2degrees is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of merit.