Aww yeah, this job has expired on Pro Jobs. Reasons could be: the employer is not accepting applications, is not actively hiring, or is reviewing applications.
We are looking to hire a Director of Engineering, a critical and visible role at ChartMogul. You will report to the Head of Engineering, and your main responsibilities will be to help set the technical direction for your teams and scale our architecture. Initially, you will support and mentor a product engineering team plus QA and play a pivotal role in shaping the direction of our product. As you grow into the role, you can expect to support additional teams.
• Build, guide, scale, and mentor our talented full-stack engineering and QA teams • Support the creation and execution of delivery plans and quarterly team goals, deploy best-in-class processes, and innovate in software engineering • Proactively identify, prioritize, triage, and resolve issues as they arise while working closely with the other engineering leaders • Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Customer Success, Sales, and other teams to help ship the technology needed for product and architectural enhancements • Initial responsibilities are approximately 60% team management/people support, 30% hands-on coding, and 10% architecture, with the expectation to skew towards less hands-on as the teams and company grow
• At least 8 years of experience in web development with at least 3 years of experience managing multiple engineering teams • Strong database knowledge and understanding of commercial services on cloud providers • Strong technical leadership skills, including architecting robust distributed systems • Successful track record recruiting, retaining, managing, and onboarding software engineers • Empathetic, with a preference for servant leadership, and respected as a team builder and mentor • Next to speaking English fluently, you can understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions • Excellent communication skills
Nice to Have
• You're passionate about what you do • You're pragmatic; you know when to be hands-on and enjoy taking the lead in challenging situations; you know when it's best to build and when it's best to buy • You're eager to learn and inspire change • You thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
• You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have an incredibly impactful job • You’ll become part of a team of kind and highly dedicated people who all have the same mission: Helping subscription businesses measure, understand and grow their recurring revenues • You’ll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket)
• Application is reviewed • Interview with our Director of Engineering • Technical Interview with our Leads (you'll have a chance to talk with the people you'll be supporting daily) • Interview with the Head of Engineering (and/or CEO) • Reference Checks • Offer
This is a full-time remote position. Please note that we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the EU or South Korea at this time.