Aww yeah, this job has expired on Pro Jobs. Reasons could be: the employer is not accepting applications, is not actively hiring, or is reviewing applications.
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Our storage platforms back up a wide array of services that deliver millions of orders each week, searching across hundreds of millions of items to deliver groceries to our customers. These systems must also support tight integration with the largest retailers in the US and Canada. Engineering at Instacart provides the opportunity to work on challenging scaling problems while also designing the features that will define our industry. You will learn how to build in an open collaborative environment serving millions of requests daily.
ABOUT THE JOB
• You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly.
• You will research and incept new storage technologies and systems for all of Instacart
• You will interface with other teams, product managers, and executive leadership to understand their problems and drive solutions
• You will define work and lead engineers on your projects
• You will ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency.
• You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
Instacart's technology is constantly changing and adapting. Some of the technologies you would use at Instacart include:
If you have experience with these technologies, you will have the opportunity to dive deeper. If you haven't used these technologies you will have the chance to learn from the collective experience of our team.
• Self-motivation and interest in leading technical direction in a fast-growing company
• A strong sense of ownership
• Strong knowledge of common back-end Web technologies (such as Ruby on Rails, Python, etc) in a production environment
• An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
• Experience working with a large codebase on a cross functional team.
• Strong knowledge of SQL and relational database internals
• Experience with non-relational database technologies
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, electrical engineering OR equivalent work experience
• 7+ years of working experience in a similar field/environment; We are hiring for all levels.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.