Aww yeah, this job has expired on Pro Jobs. Reasons could be: the employer is not accepting applications, is not actively hiring, or is reviewing applications.
MyJobQuote is recruiting a PHP / Laravel developer in the UK to join our team.
MyJobQuote connects homeowners and tradespeople in the UK with over 1,000 homeowners posting jobs daily. With over 600 database models, the ideal candidate would have experience with large Laravel apps.
Since beginning operations in 2014, we've received over 800,000 job quotes and have generated over £360 million worth of jobs for tradespeople in 2020.
We're looking for a developer who could meetup at our offices in St Asaph monthly (more often if local) and remotely for the remainder. Therefore, your ability to communicate well over the phone and Skype is essential.
We’re interested in developers who can match our current stack:
– Laravel 8 on PHP 8
– MySQL / MariaDB
– VueJS / jQuery
– Basic understanding of Linux
– Version control (Git) – branching & pull requests
– Bonus: Testing
Our app has many parts, including: Stripe, email & SMS job alerts, subscriptions, a ticket system, Adwords/Bing/geocode and many other APIs. You should also be familiar with job queues (we're using Laravel horizon).
There is scope to be involved with DevOps. We're currently in the cloud (DigitalOcean/AWS/Linode) with around 40 instances. Using HAProxy, Nginx, MariaDB + Galera, Redis and MariaDB replicas.
While you won't be asked to create a new frontend design, we're interested in someone who understands user experience and can apply the finishing touches to a layout.
– Commercial PHP experience (3 years+)
– Laravel (or similar) experience (1 years+)
– Independent, driven & brings your own ideas
– Multitasking & managing your time effectively
– Work on new projects (e.g. direct debit payments)
– Develop unit/functional tests on existing code
– Assist in clearing reported bugs & issues by staff
– Improve existing features
– Microservices; isolating some of our important services such as billing & notifications
– Assist in pulling down data to generate reports from our SQL databases
– DevOps (if experienced/interested)
You'd be working closely with our lead developer, Matt, who has been with MyJobQuote since the start. As your understanding of how the app works grows, you'd be expected to take on more responsibility for different parts of the app.
Our team is currently made up of marketers, support staff, SEO specialists, content writers and others. Interests held by different team members include sports, latest tech, cars/motorbikes & snooker/pool (our office has a pool & Foosball table).
We hold social events throughout the year, including meals out, bowling & go-Karting.
We are looking to grow the team further over the coming years, so the opportunity to lead new developers is there for the right candidate.
Salary is dependent on experience - we're looking for someone who can learn quickly and take our product further.
To ensure that you would be a good fit for our current setup, our process would be as follows:
– A 30-minute telephone interview with our developer to talk about the role
– We invite candidates to then take a 90-minute coding challenge (nothing too difficult!) (remotely)
– A 60-minute telephone/face-to-face interview with our director and developer.
Please send your CV to email@example.com and a covering letter highlighting how your skills match the job advert.
Please attach a sample of your code (preferably Laravel) no matter the size.