About the role:
Joining a small startup team, you will create a lasting impact on the company and have the opportunity to shape culture and products around your vision and personality. Your work will enable hundreds of developer teams to reshape human society in ways never seen before, some of which leverage V7 for:
- Fighting climate change by analyzing shorelines via satellites.
- Improving the welfare of farm animals by spotting ill cattle while they can still be treated.
- Using drones to scan the aftermath of hurricanes and spot areas locked-off from ground access.
- Understanding the severity of COVID-19 to predict the chance of ICU admission.
- Identifying the healthiest embryos in IVF to create new, healthy human lives.
- Teaching robots how to prepare a salad.
Our tech stack:
Full-stack roles at V7 are supported by experienced front-end developers and designers. Our BE is in Elixir (Erlang) with Phoenix, and FE is Vue.js. Our deep learning framework of choice is Pytorch. We don't expect you to know Pytorch. If you don't know Elixir, that's ok, but you'll have to learn it.
Full Stack Engineers at V7 ensure that complex operations involving visual data can be performed smoothly through a web interface. This particular opening is focused on maximizing our platform's usability by introducing power-user features requiring back-end support. Here's some things your counterpart developed in the last 3 months:
- A system to route images or videos as actionable tasks through a workflow involving customizable filter and sampling parameters, in order to create the "assembly lines" required to train AI.
- A method of speeding up the performance of vector-based brush tools to handle millions of vertices in real-time.
- A system to edit annotations in video including complex polygon interpolations: - https://www.v7labs.com/academy/video-annotation
- A system to convert data from JSON formats to a variety of formats used by deep learning scientists to enable V7 to act as a hub across any other ML tool.
- A method to change the visualization parameters of images to support radiological windowing and colour maps to see what the naked eye cannot reveal in MRI scans.
- A proven interest in computer science from a young age and strong portfolio of projects.
- Strong experience with functional programming. Elixir experience is secondary to - familiarity with FP fundamentals.
- A CV that demonstrates an early interest in computer science.
- A curious, scientific mind.
- Fluent in English
- Unlimited vacation, just tell us when you need time off.
- Paid tickets, accommodation, and travel to relevant conferences, nationally or internationally (NeurIPS, ICCV, CVPR, [...]) to expand your network & knowledge during normal times.
- Yearly 4-day company retreats in stunning locations
- Central office in London with standing desks & 4K monitors.
- Unlimited high-quality coffee, tea, snacks, and other comforts every day.
- Ability to work remotely
- Stock options
- 15 minute call with a founder
- 60 min technical interview
- Solo task/code submission
- 90 minute collaborative interview with 2x team members