In this role you will:
- Shape innovative products and businesses that address real user frictions
- Write clean, functional code
- Manage the complete development lifecycle of a website or application, from architectural design to rollout
- Work in a diverse, collaborative, and dynamic environment where everyone's ideas are valued
- Give input into the product direction and be involved in the discussions around shaping the product roadmap
What we offer you:
- First-hand experience of all the stages involved in the creation and launch of a startup
- The opportunity to mentor less experienced engineers to reach their full potential
- The chance to improve upon your cross-functional team working skills
You should have:
- 4+ years of strong hands-on development experience
- Real passion for solving customer frictions through simple and effective software
- Strong people skills that contribute to an diverse and collaborative environment
- Knowledge of clean coding practices, including object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- Exposure to Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code etc.
- Experience in communicating ideas and decisions to a variety of team members and clients
- Below are the technologies we primarily use. However, we’ll always choose the best tool for the job (maybe you can suggest one?), so don’t consider this list either exhaustive or immutable:
Languages / Frameworks: Kotlin, Python, Typescript, Node.js, Go
Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Azure Framework, Serverless
What we offer you:
At BCGDV we care about our people and offer a comprehensive benefits package, with the agility and freedom of a tech scale up, and the support and backing of one of the world’s most renowned strategy consulting firms. If building for growth is your thing you’ll fit right in. We attract learners and creative, curious minds who enjoy shaping the future!
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
After clicking “Apply”, you will be asked to submit your contact details and resume/CV. To read how BCG Digital Ventures GmbH processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.
- Some of our UK benefits:
- Private Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity& Paternity Leave
- Volunteer time off
- Gym Membership
- Hybrid Working
- Free lunch three days a week - plus cake Wednesday!
- Our offices close between Christmas and New Year's
1.Recruiter Phone Screen (30 mins)
2.Hiring Manager Interview (45 mins)
3.Live Assessment and Culture Interview (1 Hour, 45mins)
4.Director Interview (45 mins)