Your core skills matter more than specific knowledge. Currently we use: Typescript (front end and API), Rust, Solidity, OpenZeppelin, Postgres, React, Kubernetes, Helm). In this role you’ll use Typescript, React JS, Web3 React, Chakra UI, Recoil and React Query.
What you will be doing:
- Play a key role in building out the Aspen frontend
- Build frontend components that interact directly with smart contracts and on chain events
- Work closely with product, designers and other engineers
- Work on high impact features of our web application, that are at the core to the end user experience
- Work in an international team consisting of software engineers, software test engineers, software architects
- Style and animate components based on Figma specifications
- Work with a large amount of ownership and autonomy
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Building robust and easy to maintain components and libraries
- Optimise for maximum performance across multitude of devices and browsers
- Contribute to improving code quality and testing
So, in summary, who do we need? Someone who has:
- Have 5+ years of professional experience as a front end engineer
- Have experience with Typescript
- Take responsibility, are patient, value honesty and hard work.
- Bring positive energy to the team and experience joy in sharing, teaching and seeing other team members grow
- Excellent organisational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Previous experience working in a fast-moving and evolving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
Nice to have :
Experience building web3 decentralised apps
Ability to read and interpret solidity smart contracts
Experience with a venture-funded, high-growth technology/fintech startup
Deep experience working with NFTs in a personal or professional setting
We are very keen to see candidates from a range of backgrounds and experiences. You may not fit exactly every requirement we have. What’s more important is that you have the demonstrable skills and experience we need.
It is important that you are able to engage, and on occasion back yourself in honest and respectful discussions with colleagues. You are able to change your mind about something after consideration.
What can we offer you?
- High level of autonomy, freedom and self direction
- Marketable experience in the blockchain and legal tech spaces
- Remote working to fit the way you live your life. Currently Monax is fully remote
- We will expect some business travel on occasion
- Join a fast moving start up at a an exciting time as we scale up
- The chance to contribute to projects at the cutting edge of blockchain technologies
- Friendly, positive and empathetic culture
- Token Allocation
Monax Labs’ mission is to make NFT transactions safe, secure, and legal.
To build successfully in Web 3 you need a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UK based candidates should have the right to work in the UK, sponsorship is unavailable. UK wide remote available.
European remote available for the right candidate.
We are a remote team and although we hire globally, there is a preference for this role to be located in the UK, South Africa, US East Coast or Europe.
- New Mac/Laptop
- 29 days annual leave - to use as you wish - only 1 fixed day
- Flexible working - currently Monax is a fully remote firm with employees in the UK, - Europe, East and West Coast USA and South Africa
- Our team have the freedom to work (within reason) around the way they live
- High level of autonomy and self direction
- Annual compensation reviews
- First interview with Chief People Officer/Recruiter
- Technical Test/Assessment
- Technical interview with tech lead and CTO/CPO
- Final interview if required