Main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Estimate the complexity of work using story points
- Interpretation of user stories into technical tasks
- Software creation
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Write high quality distributed system software
- Perform development and maintenance of key system features
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against challenging schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Contribute opinions on a range of topics, from development practices to product - strategy and roadmap
- Maintain and extend existing features, and collaborate with the rest of the - development team to spec, design and build new features end-to-end
- Focus on developing reliable, scalable, highly available apps, tools and services for a variety of end users
- Build fault tolerant, self-healing, globally distributed applications and services
- Ingest high volume data sets, record, monitor and build platforms to dynamically optimise user experiences on the fly
- Apply new ways of thinking about the data we have and how we can use it to provide - the best outcomes for our stakeholders and users
- Be involved from the early stages of software planning right through to the testing, development, training, and support stages
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- 10 years of experience working with Java
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Industry experience as a Software Engineer within the e-commerce industry
- Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for - scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale, distributed software - applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#, or C++, and Object Oriented Design
- A proven track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues - involving memory, storage, and CPU
Hours of work are 35 hours per week, including an early finish on a Friday!
Fruugo is a great place to work and we are proud of our friendly, supportive and dynamic culture which treats everyone with respect and embraces diversity. We have some excellent benefits, including Company pension, employee discount, birthday holiday, Employee Referral Programme, and a fantastic Employee Assistance Programme, offering wellness benefits to employees and their immediate family.
Please do get in touch - we would love to hear from you!
There will initially be a call with a member of the Recruitment team, followed by a technical test. The final stage will be an interview with the Head of Software Development.