Aww yeah, this job has expired on Pro Jobs. Reasons could be: the employer is not accepting applications, is not actively hiring, or is reviewing applications.
CENTURY 21 Redwood Realty is a dynamic real estate company serving DC, Maryland, and Virginia. We design, build, integrate, and operate software that helps our agents build their businesses. We’re ready to grow our team, and we have an immediate need for a Full-Stack Web Developer with solid experience building web applications in Laravel and Vue.
This opportunity is a 3-month contract with an emphasis on helping us complete our new web marketing platform, which is being built on Bedrock and Sage—an amazing hybrid of WordPress and Laravel. In our review of applications, applicants with demonstrable experience using these tools will be given priority. The relationship has the potential to grow into a full-time, permanent position.
Redwood’s culture is fast-paced and collaborative. Led forward by a trio of high-energy entrepreneurs, we never stop exploring and learning. We are constantly iterating and refactoring to meet the needs of the ever-changing and highly competitive world of real estate. If you’re looking for an opportunity to truly take ownership of your work, this is the place for you. To apply, submit your application here. You must log into a valid Google Account in order to access the form.
What this opportunity entails:
– Craft software that is critical to the daily lives of our real estate agents, employees, and company ownership team
– Report directly to and learn from our CTO: an engineer with 20 years of experience
– Research, build, test, and commit new features to a wide range of software products, including our Intranet platform, our Business Intelligence dashboard, and our Business Planning/Development studio (and other products)
– Help improve mission-critical systems integrations and work to expand the interconnectedness of our enterprise
– Field bug reports, develop fixes, deploy new releases, document your work
– Shoulder a share of the responsibility for operating our platform
– Attend planning meetings and help propel our team ever in the direction of better usability, higher engagement, and tighter operational efficiency
– Work with great tools and modern tech
It’s also important for you to know:
You won’t be developing anything from scratch: you’re coming on board to help us ship some really important feature enhancements, polish some products and finish some others
We want to learn from you: we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes, so you will be invited to approach your onboarding in a critical way
We’re flexible about work schedules and taking time off is encouraged, but understand meeting deadlines will be a critical measure of the success of this role
Some legacy systems and processes can’t be replaced: it’s a challenge you can learn to love, but it will be a challenge
Experience that you must have:
– You won’t be developing anything from scratch: you’re coming on board to help us ship some really important feature enhancements, polish some products and finish some others
– We want to learn from you: we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes, so you will be invited to approach your onboarding in a critical way
– We’re flexible about work schedules and taking time off is encouraged, but understand meeting deadlines will be a critical measure of the success of this role
– Some legacy systems and processes can’t be replaced: it’s a challenge you can learn to love, but it will be a challenge
Skills that will set you apart:
– Developed a RESTful API using Laravel
– Built UI using Bootstrap and/or BootstrapVue
– Developed themes and/or plugins for WordPress
– You’ve ever built a WordPress site using Bedrock and/or Sage
– Demonstrable technical writing ability, in the form of requirements documentation, system documentation, or instructional documentation
– Been a member of a *nix-focused DevOps team
– Been a member of an agile project management team
– Created or maintained an open-source codebase
– Worked in real estate in any role