A little about the team and role
The Developer Experience team is here to challenge and transform how we write and ship code at Compare the Market. We have a set of guidelines and standards that each service must comply with before it is mature enough to be put in the hands of our customers across multiple devices. Currently each team implements their own automated or manual way of achieving this. Whilst this is empowering, it distracts team from building their core product and slows them down. Our mission is to transform this and make compliance a feature of CI.
You will work with teams to build common solutions to these problems and build a scalable platform that ships code quickly and provides insights into service maturity.
We need passionate and collaborative engineers; designing and building a great platform is one thing but evangelising it internally, driving its adoption and listening to our customers (CtM engineers) is another. It will be a challenge but transforming the way we write, and ship code will have a huge impact to enable organisation to get products in front of our customers quickly and safely.
- Work with your Engineering Manager and Technical Product Manager to understand the ‘Why’ and ‘What’, and own delivery of the ‘How’
- Collaborate with your peers to iteratively build out scalable, automated products that allow your customers to self-serve, and feed back into the ongoing development roadmap
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge-sharing sessions; work with junior members of the team to develop your soft skills and their hard ones
- Take opportunities to leverage automation to eliminate toil and increase quality
Create, maintain and optimise Service Level Objectives; run blameless post-mortems that identify how to avoid incidents happening again
- Document your products, your actions, and your processes leanly
- Learn and develop your abilities in coding, architecture and engineering practices for the cloud
- Utilise, extend and contribute to open-source projects used by the team
What we want to see from you:
- Excellent communication skills and a passion to improve the Developer Experience of fellow engineers
- Ability to design complete, secure, and observable solutions on top of CI/CD platforms
- Familiarity with AWS and DevOps practices
- Strong experience with the software development lifecycle, the CI/CD patterns that power it, and delivery of work closely aligned to them
- A willingness to innovate with new ideas, experiment, fail, learn and develop - and share your learnings with peers across the wider team
- A desire to contribute to internal and community open-source products
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made, please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
- Flexible working
- Hybrid working culture (mixture of remote and state of the art office spaces)
- Brilliant office space made for collaboration and agile working
- Competitive salaries based on experience, expertise and qualifications
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Wellbeing programme focused on physical, emotional and financial wellbeing
- Private health care
- Free fruit in our offices
- An onsite gym at our headquarters in Peterborough - and a gym discount scheme for - those based in London-
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work schemes
- Plus, loads more through our flexible benefits hub
- 1st Interview - chat about your background, the role etc
- Final Interview - pairing exercise, whiteboarding & some competency questions