Aww yeah, this job has expired on Pro Jobs. Reasons could be: the employer is not accepting applications, is not actively hiring, or is reviewing applications.
Job Role: Big Data Engineer (AI, Data Science)
Location: Newcastle, Edinburgh, Manchester
Career Level: Senior Analyst, Consultant
Please Note: Due to the nature of this role, successful candidates must be willing and able to obtain UK Security Clearance. Please review prior to application.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy & consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO.
As a team:
The Data and AI revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. Accenture Applied Intelligence is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate with the ecosystem, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture’s Applied Intelligence practice covers the range of Data and AI skills, from Strategy, Data Science, Data Architecture, AI Engineering and Visual Insights. When combined with Accenture’s broader Strategy and Consulting practice, we are able to bring together the unique ability to drive end to end business change through the application of Data and AI.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
**In our team you will learn: **
• At the forefront of the industry, you’ll create, own and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises.
• Become an integral part of our Applied Intelligence team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
• You will be working with famous brands and household names – no worrying about how to explain what you do to your family again!
In this role you will:
• Manage, transform and cleanse high volume data.
• Write defensive, fault tolerant and efficient code for data processing.
• Automate data processing to enable on-going alerts on high risk activity.
• Present project results to clients both face to face and virtually
• Work very closely with data scientists to ensure efficient and effective delivery of solutions
• Use leading open source big-data tools, such as Spark, Hadoop, Scala and Elasticsearch. You should be comfortable with working with high profile clients, on their sites.
• Work with our expert software development team to produce reusable applications:
• Use emerging and open source technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, and Scala.
• Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
• Proven big data experience, either from an implementation or a data science prospective.
• Strong technical skills including expert knowledge of at least one big data technology such as Spark, Hadoop, or Elasticsearch.
• Experience of building data processing pipelines for use in production “hands off” batch systems, including either (or preferably both) traditional ETL pipelines and/or analytics pipelines.
• Strong coding experience in either Scala, Java or Python.
• Strong client facing, communication and presentation skills.
• Enthusiasm to learn and develop emerging technologies and techniques.
• Exhibit strong technical communication skills with demonstrable experience of working in rapidly changing client environments.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to debug and solve technical challenges with sometimes unfamiliar technologies.
• Experience with data interrogation and modelling
• Strong experience in agile practices and CI/CD.
Ideal candidates will also:
Have worked on a variety of complex data orientated projects for financial services clients
Have a good understanding of Computer Science and preferable come from a software engineering background or other scientific degree incorporating IT modules (e.g. Maths/Physics)
Have exposure to Agile, especially SCRUM.
Arrive with experience at working with a variety of modern development tooling (e.g. Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus) as well as technologies supporting automation and DevOps (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Bash scripting).
Have an excellent appreciation of what makes a high quality, operationally stable system and how to streamline all areas of development, release and operations to achieve this.
Have a Quantexa certification (nice to have)
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.