Reports to: Head of Software Development
Department: Cloud & Software
Responsible for: Development and maintenance of ICON Portal and IQuote products
Function: Maintel Software
Role Overview & Purpose
Maintel Software is a division of Maintel with many years of experience in developing products for the Customer Experience market and our own omni-channel contact centre platform, as well as developing the Maintel customer portal and CPQ software (IQuote).
The ICON Portal and IQuote team is responsible for the creation, onward development, and maintenance of our ICON Portal software which combines a customer portal and our CPQ software, and is being actively developed to increase its scope. The customer portal integrates with various 3rd party data and analytics systems to provide a single view out to the customer of the service they are receiving. This is a Vue.js website with C# WebAPIs behind it, and with various integrations into other systems.
This role is one of three software development positions in the team and will be a key contributor to delivering on our digital transformation plans, supporting the removal of manual processes and integration into our wider IT stack and business systems. The role will report to the Head of Software Development and requires working closely with the other members of the team and the QA Team. The team works closely with two product managers to help give product direction and understanding of customer requirements. The role also sometimes requires working with the Support Team Leader and the Support Team to understand and resolve technical issues for our customers, as well as with other areas of the business as required.
The jobholder will be expected to contribute towards decisions made by the team and the Head of Software Development regarding development approach and processes and is expected along with the team to contribute to ongoing improvements.
Maintel Software operate an agile development process, and the day-to-day assignment and management of activities is primarily by agreement within the Team.
• Working with the other members of the ICON Portal and IQuote development team to achieve the team workload and make improvements to product and processes. • Work with the Quality Assurance (QA) team to validate features and fixes and to support them technically as required. • Work with the Product Managers to understand customer requirements and priorities. • Work with the Support Team Leader and the Support team to help resolve customer issues as well as provide updates on the progress of the resolution of those issues. • Work with the wider Development and Professional Services teams to discuss and resolve technical product and integration queries in relation to new product development and customer integrations. • Work with other external contacts as needed, such as 3rd party suppliers that we integrate with.
Role description – Duties & Responsibilities
The delivery and maintenance of the ICON Portal and IQuote products. This is to include:
• Design and implementation of new features and capabilities in existing software, and of new software in line with the development plan. • Maintenance of existing code. • Delivery of high-quality code through code reviews, testing of own and other colleague’s code, and automated testing. • Working closely with other related departments, including the QA team, Support Team, Professional Services team, as well as with external suppliers to Maintel. • Creation and maintenance of documentation including, but not limited to:
o Pre-installation requirements o Installation o Product configuration o Troubleshooting and problem determination
• Ensuring effective handover of product to the QA team, Support Team, and Professional Services • Provide 3rd line support on the products. • Actively contribute to Agile/SCRUM meetings.
Skills and Aptitudes
• Knowledge of development technologies and methodologies. • Knowledge of development processes. • Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, techniques and tools. • Awareness of Data Security and GDPR requirements on software development
• It is expected that the candidate is likely to be educated to degree level, but not essential.