About the role:
We are building a next generation financial services platform which connects employer payroll services to world wide banking services. We ingest millions of records from various external sources and our banking platform moves tens of millions of $, €, and £ per month. As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you’ll be responsible for building highly scalable multi-threaded applications to gather, store and integrate payroll datasets and facilitate the movement of funds through major banking, payment and credit/debit card networks.
Wagestream USA was launched in 2020 and, since then, has seen phenomenal success. Our Engineering team is small, but mighty, and we’re looking for Engineers who want to have impact. We’re on an incredibly exciting journey and joining now represents an opportunity to help shape the future of the team and the success of the platforms.
What will you be doing:
You’ll be working to constantly improve the Wagestream experience for both employees (mobile app) and employers (Wagestream portal). The technology stack is a backend of AWS + Python + Postgres and frontend mix of vue.js, react, typescript, styled components, Cordova, Fastlane, and jQuery but experience with those particular technologies is not required.
You should, however, have a proven track-record of shipping web and mobile applications. You should also be comfortable integrating with various 3rd party APIs both to facilitate financial transactions via financial service providers and integrating with payroll systems to extract employee and payroll data.
Within 1 month you’ll have:
- Developed a good understanding of our System architecture, and how we make changes to it
- Delivered at least 1 meaningful feature into user's hands
Within 3 months you’ll:
- Have developed strong relationships with the entire engineering team, and be able to collaborate with them cross-functionally as required
- Be able to lead on development of significant features, taking work through from idea, to technical design, implementation, testing and ultimately deployment
Within 6 months you’ll have:
- Become a subject-matter expert on multiple key Wagestream systems
- Delivered multiple features from conception to production that have satisfied users and contributed to the company’s success
- Deep experience with the AWS stack including SQS, S3, SES, Lambdas, API Gateway, etc.
- Mastery of at least one modern web/mobile framework. This could be React, Angular, Vue, or something else, but the point is you must be comfortable switching frameworks and picking the right tool for the job
- You look at the full picture to understand the value and impact of what you are building by talking to customers (internal, external)
- An eye for aesthetics - you need to know when something isn’t good enough
- You thrive when given broad objectives with minimal supervision, can make decisions, work autonomously and enjoy a fast paced “startup” like environment
- Prior experience with banking or payments is nice, but not required
- We will pay you what you're worth. We are fully committed to closing the gender pay gap, promoting diversity and inclusivity, and paying people what they deserve to be paid.
- We're a Remote First business - work from home or our London office - you choose! We have team members everywhere, from Cornwall to Glasgow - we place an emphasis on - finding the right people in any location, not any people in the right location.
- We will help you manage your busy lifestyle with flexible working opportunities, most of the team work "core hours" to allow touchpoints with your team, but we also make sure you have the time to pick the kids up at 3pm, or go for that mid-morning run to boost your productivity. We want you to have the best of both worlds.
- We offer 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover), as well as flexible time off allowances for any ad-hoc childcare/family/caring needs.
- We offer 12 weeks paid maternity leave and up to 4 weeks paid paternity leave for employees with over 12 months service
- We will support you with your career endeavours. We are committed to internal progression, and offering our team members the best opportunities for growth. We want to invest in you the same way you're going to invest in us!
- If you love cycling as much as we do, keep yourself physically fit with our Evans Cycles Ride to Work scheme
- And after a long weeks work, join us in undoing it all - with membership to The Wine Society. (They also do gin and beer!)
- We want everyone to achieve "zen mastery" with a free subscription to Calm — work can be stressful (we know!) and we want to help you switch off
- And the best benefit of all... Free access to Wagestream service - naturally!
- 20 min Intro call with Head of Talent
- 45 min at home Technical Task
- 1.5 hrs meet some of the team
- 30 min meet our CTO/Co-Founder