We have undergone a huge amount of growth in the last two years and we expect that growth to continue heading into the next few years. This is an exciting company to work for where we aim to work on cutting edge technology solutions, where there is plenty of scope to own and define products as well as grow your career in the direction you choose.
As part of the technical division, our Lead Engineer will combine the technical excellence and drive, to deliver and coach our engineers to achieve the best outcomes for our clients, whilst establishing strong engineering cultures throughout. This role is very reactive and varied, meaning it can be very hands-on and other times you will play more of a technical architect role in one or more teams.
Reporting to – Head of Technology and Engineering
- Work closely with the Head of Technology and Engineering to design and deliver the technical vision and solutions for the business, collaborating with all key stakeholders.
- Lead an Agile team using extensive knowledge, experience, and ingenuity to ensure Data Edge is providing our clients with robust, reliable solutions and products.
- Work closely with clients and end users to understand their requirements, being pivotal in product refinement and producing solutions that meet their needs.
- Innovate and direct the team and consistently challenge existing prototypes to allow Data Edge to deliver better services/solutions. Confidently design and create customised solutions to support the innovation.
- Leading by example, implementing best practice, to support our high performing culture, strategic objectives and solutions.
- Support our Head of Technology and Engineering to produce technical design work where required for our new business pipeline and existing clients, completing the troubleshooting process, and executing in a solution-driven, pragmatic way.
- Accountability for building a bespoke software solution for our client’s complex challenges and contribute to societal change.
- Demonstrate the ability to look beyond the code and, address wider challenges around technical architecture, and where possible creating solutions and alternative services.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Project Managers and our Product Delivery Manager, to adapt our software solutions and use open standards, and work cleanly via a rich API.
- Work in an agile and fast-paced manner, being constructive, effective, and insightful with the wider stakeholder group.
- Show passion and desire to work in an environment of continual improvement and change and strive for ever higher performance within this role and the team.
- Report on the engineering pipeline and requirements, ensuring the Head of Technology and Engineering is kept materially up to date with any developments regarding correct resourcing levels.
- To have oversight of regulatory measurements, best practice, and ensure the business is always compliant.
Relevant Functional/Technical Skills or Industry Experience
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and experience applying them.
- Experience within an architecture or technical lead role(comfortable with complex technical issues)
- Good working knowledge of infrastructures, cloud software solutions and architecture.
- Possess high levels of written and verbal communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Ability to build and scale a team of software engineers within a technology organisation
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving experience, and ability to plan and mitigate accordingly to allow the engineering team to remain robust and able to deliver in the face of change.
- 3 years+ within a software development/technical role
- Relevant degree qualification
- Resilient to change, previously worked within an agile business/start-up. Comfortable with change management
- AWS Solution Architect Certificate or similar
- Entrepreneurial thinker and approach
- Pension Contributions
- 25 + bank Hols
- Employee Share Scheme
- Training budget
- Private Health cover for immediate family
- Critical Illness cover
- Company retreats
- 3 stage process
- Initial Interview with Head of Engineering and Lead Engineer
- Tech Test
- Final interview with Founder/Director