Aww yeah, this job has expired on Pro Jobs. Reasons could be: the employer is not accepting applications, is not actively hiring, or is reviewing applications.
Did you know that around 1 in 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet almost 80% get little or no help? We think that's pretty depressing. At Brightline, we're building an extraordinary behavioral health platform that provides care for the whole family. By combining technology with evidence-based therapy, we think we can do better. This is not the first startup rodeo for many at Brightline, and previous exits by the leadership team include Castlight, Livongo and AllTrails. But we have some tough problems in front of us and we need your help to do this right.
As an early engineer at Brightline, here's what your day-to-day activities might look like:
• Collaborate on projects from end-to-end - from scoping features with product and design to shipping a finished feature into production
• Write code across the entire stack, including Ruby + Rails on the backend and TypeScript + React on the frontend
• Have a mix of heads-down and pairing time, depending on the project and your energy levels
• Curate a great codebase through architecture discussions, automated testing and code review
• Bring a new perspective that helps our team continue to grow and improve
And here are the kinds of projects you might work on in your first few months:
• Improving our initial user onboarding experience
• Building internal tools to make our clinical staff more effective
• Creating new interactive digital exercises for use alongside treatment
• Improving developer tooling to make our whole team more productive
• You're excited about improving behavioral health for children and families
• You love collaborating with team members from other departments (including product, marketing, clinical and more)
• You own projects and see them through, even if that goes beyond code
• You are thoughtful and empathetic in how you carry yourself, from decision making and execution, to communication and collaboration
• You care about solving problems and aren’t tied to particular solutions or technologies
Bonus points for experience with
• Healthcare stuff™, especially around insurance billing, employer integrations, clinical workflows or coaching
• Complex React projects - we're still learning around testing, data management and component libraries
• API development, especially using GraphQL
• Design chops - especially around animations and responsive UIs
If you’re looking to join an engineering team that balances EQ with technical acumen while working on a meaningful problem, we would love to talk to you.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds and life experiences to apply.
Toronto, ON - Remote